Liz Cornish combines a wide range of industry and sector experience with in-depth knowledge of organizational and individual development.
Team building and leadership
- Twenty-five years of capacity-building and teamwork, including top leadership at St. Joseph Medical System, American Stock Exchange, Outward Bound, California State Employees Association, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Naval Postgraduate School and Sutter Health.
- Visiting faculty for academic institutions including Carnegie Mellon University Executive Program, University of Auckland Executive Program in New Zealand and the University of Virginia Executive Program. Relevant topics: Leadership and team development.
- Written and spoken extensively on subjects including “A Crash Course in Team-building,” “Overcoming the Great Team Divide” and “Using Meetings as a Learning Tool.”
- An active coach and consultant for many years with current and recent clients that include St. Joseph Health, Seton Medical Center, Dell, AAA, EBay, Yahoo!, Reach Air Medical Services, Walmart and State Fund.
- Leading expert in supporting women from middle management and executive levels to manage transitions, achieve goals and sustain top performance. She wrote the McGraw- Hill leadership book, “Hit the Ground Running: a Woman’s Guide to Success for the First 100 Days on the Job.”
Governance and Strategy
- Strategy development experience includes BART, California Earthquake Authority (a consortium of 18 private insurers), California Department of Justice, Santa Rosa Utilities, Frank Howard Allen and several large healthcare foundations and districts.
- Lead consultant for comprehensive succession development for a California county, which included development of leadership model, year-long leadership executive development curriculum and talent review process. Next step is countywide performance evaluation system.
- Has conducted strategy planning for dozens of organizations, including public entities with single-issue elected officials. Particularly adept at generating consensus in adversarial conditions.
- Coached dozens of organizations in long-range organizational planning and implementation, leading change and stakeholder engagement.
- Created and launched first of innovative year-long leadership development program (2009) for executives and senior managers of California county.
- Created and conducted leadership development program for top leaders at Ernst & Young via their Mentor Academy.
- First W. Norris Duvall “Leader in Residence” at the University of Kentucky in 2005.
- Recent Keynote Speaker for Women Leading Kentucky, Utah State Annual Women In Business Conference, SC Johnson, Fortune Brands, Financial Women’s International and AAA on women in leadership.
- Appearances on dozens of television and radio stations to discuss personal leadership effectiveness.
Liz specializes in guiding individuals and groups as they tackle change and create and implement transition strategies. She excels working with organizations and teams that must engage stakeholders, deliver results, inspire confidence and balance the push to action against the pull to make thoughtful, informed decisions.
The founder of FHD (First 100 Days) Consulting, Liz has an MBA with honors from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with emphasis in Organizational Development and Behavior. Liz is certified in Hogan Assessments and as an Accelerated Leadership Influence Facilitator/Trainer.
In addition, Liz has traveled to more than 40 countries and logged many years and miles as an international outdoor adventure educator.
She led executives up Mt. Kilimanjaro, was the first woman to kayak the powerful Zambezi River in Africa, soloed above the Arctic Circle, ran the 100th Boston Marathon and rafted an early descent of the Mekong River in China.