From Changing Times
Articles on Strategic Planning
- AC-CENT-TCHU-ATE the Positive
- Defining a Vision for the Future
- Effectively Execute Your Strategic Plan
- Push Yourself to Breakthrough Thinking
- What Is the Best Advice You Ever Got?
- What Is Working Around Here? Positive Image. Positive Energy. Positive Action.
- Who Are You? – Defining Your Purpose and Values
Strategic Planning Resources
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by Jim Collins and Jerry Porras, 2004. A look at why American corporations last.
- “The Business of Communicating Values” by Rosanna M. Fiske, Harvard Business Review Blog, July 26, 2011. Why it’s important to develop your organizations values and how to better communicate them.
- Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance by Michael E. Porter, 1998. A classic on the how, what, and why of competitive strategy.
- Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will by Noel M. Tichy and Stratford Sherman, 2005. Study of Jack Welch’s principles on how anyone can succeed. The “Unofficial GE Leadership Handbook.”
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t by Jim Collins, 2001. Researchers discover the key determinants of great companies and how they got there.
- Good to Great and the Social Sectors: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great by Jim Collins, 2005. Collins explains the subtle (but seismic) concepts of Good to Great for the social sector.
- On Competition by Michael E. Porter, 2008. An examination of the international economy.
- “Stating Your Mission in No Uncertain Terms” by Paul Brown, The New York Times, September 1, 2009. Tips on how to write a mission statement.