Here’s how it works:
- Leadership identifies a critical organizational issue or problem that they must solve.
- A small group of people from cross-functional areas come together for uninterrupted work time with skilled facilitators. Using a deadline as a catalyst, they collaborate to address the problem.
- The group works to develop and present recommendations it can implement.
- Leadership hears their recommendations and gives a “Yes,” “No” (and here is why), or “Further Study” response and then empowers teams to implement approved recommendations.
- The teams implement accepted recommendations.
- The teams reconvene at a set time (usually 90-120 days later) to report on their progress.
The WorkOut process provides a vehicle for organizations to optimize speed, cost, and quality – without compromising any of these measures – and results in new levels of success.
WorkOut gets you across the board buy-in – because people at all levels develop a solution they can believe in.
Wunderlin Company facilitators held executive roles at GE during the development of the WorkOut method, giving us unparalleled insight into this powerful, innovative process. For more than 20 years, we’ve been using WorkOut to create real change in successful organizations.
WorkOut: For Organizations Effecting Change
Using Facilitation to Achieve Success
Look in the Mirror: Can You Sum Up Core Values for Your Organization?
Scroll down for more related blog posts.
Visit our resources page for books and articles.