Do you know how to actively coach and develop your team, or are you just a referee? For the first time in history, three generations are working in teams side-by-side. If you dig deeper than stereotypes – how well do you understand the differences between X’ers, Boomers, and Millennials?
Becoming a masterful coach is an essential leadership skill. Today’s managers must be able to inspire, motivate, and train employees so that they can perform optimally. But if you don’t know who you are coaching, you can’t be an effective coach. This class is for managers who lead Millennials, Gen X’ers and Boomers and who want to develop their employees to their highest potential – as individuals, and as a team.
What to Expect:
This one-day action learning workshop focuses on the art and practice of coaching across generations. It includes activities, personal reflection, small group work, and presentation bursts. We integrate extensive practice and video feedback with the latest coaching practices.
This workshop is designed to increase your skills and effectiveness as a developer of people.
You’ll learn how to:
- Determine whether a person is open to coaching and willing to work hard on their own development
- Build trust in the coaching relationship across generations
- Deliver “tough” news effectively
- Ask the right questions at the right time
- Support an individual in clarifying goals
- Listen actively in collaborative conversations
- Offer constructive, productive feedback
- Match your coaching style to an employee’s generational and other needs
You’ll come away with the skills needed to help your people perform to the very best of their abilities – and to constantly raise the bar on their performance.
The workshop fee of $695 includes all materials and course instruction.Contact us to discuss concessions for dedicated or group classes.
To better engage multiple generations at work, request a proposal for an on-site workshop. Contact Karen Wunderlin for a quote at email@example.com.